Today is the eighth annual World Autism Awareness Day. Every year, autism organizations around the world celebrate the day with unique fundraising and events to create awareness worldwide.
So, how savvy are you about autism? For example, did you know:
- Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys,
- Autism prevalence figures are growing,
- Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disorder in the U.S.,
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average,
- boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism, and
- there is no medical detection or cure for autism.
To learn more …