“Use it or lose it!” Adults may have seen this adage on a meme about aging, or heard the advice from a sage physician. But the advice applies to learning, too— and especially what happens for some students during summer breaks.
It makes sense: We lose our skills at what we don’t practice regularly, and that applies to all the skills involved with learning. Research spanning back over 100 years shows that students typically score lower on standardized tests at the end of a summer vacation than they do on the same tests at the beginning of summer.
Integrated Math Tutor needed for daytime placement at Middle School and High School levels. Minimum of bachelor’s degree and 2 years teaching experience exclusive of student teaching, practicum and substituting required.
CLICK HERE to review our employment application and instructions. If you are called for an interview to become a tutor for Back to Learning Dynamics, you must bring COPIES of all the following items, as we will not be making copies here:
• 3 names and phone numbers for professional references
• Copy of Criminal Background check
• Praxis score (if you took the test)
• Score …
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is looking for a few good tutors!
High school level tutors are needed in the following subjects:
Instructors needed for Geometry at schools during the school day. 7:40am-2:40pm Kennett Square, PA area. Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of experience exclusive of practicum, student teaching and substituting required.
HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL MATH
Math tutors needed for high school level math. Subject matter includes Algebra through Trigonometry. Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years teaching and/or tutoring experience required, exclusive of practicum, student teaching and substituting. Varying locations. Daytime and Evening hours.
HIGH SCHOOL …
Back to Basics will once again be exhibiting at the annual Tower Hill Camp Fair!
The event is free, open to the public and will be held in the newly renovated Field House at Tower Hill School, Rising Sun Lane (off Route 52), in Wilmington, Delaware.
Date: Thursday, February 3rd, 2011
Time: 3:30 to 7:00 p.m.
• Over 100 camps & programs for ages PRE-K to 12th grade!
• Local, National and International
• Specialty Camps
• Day and Overnight camps
• Academic Programs
• Travel & Adventure Programs
• Free Parking at U of D’s Goodstay Center
• Free …
There can be several reasons why students struggle in the traditional classroom setting. Here are just a few.
- Pupils often sit at individual desks in rows, with little interaction
- When teachers reach out to students for class participation, the same students tend to answer questions, leaving others excluded
- When time is allotted for non-lecture group work, students often discuss things not related to the current project
- Students often do not feel comfortable asking questions in a large classroom setting
If your child doesn’t seem to be performing to the best of his ability, it may be time to look at …