- National Marbles Tournament $5,000 Scholarship
- Chick & Sophie Major’s Duck Calling $1,500 Scholarship
- The “Duct Tape” Stuck-On-Prom Scholarship ($6,000 per couple)
- Dr. Seuss’ ‘Oh the Places You Will Go’ $5,000 Scholarship
- NCTA’s Help Santa Find The Perfect Christmas Tree $10,000 Scholarship
by Beverly Stewart
This article was first published in the Hockessin Community News, September 2009.
In today’s economy, the thought of adding college tuition to an increasingly tight budget is a daunting one. A quick peek at some of the nation’s most venerated colleges reveals that tuition costs have rapidly outpaced earnings.
For example, Yale’s published tuition cost is over $33,000, with room and board over $10,000 and additional expenses like books and supplies adding another $2,500 — for a total well over $45,000 per year. But my child isn’t looking for an Ivy League school, you think hopefully …