The SAT test is changing— again. While the current version of the test will remain in effect until March 2016, the test will be completely revamped for college bound students starting in April. What changes should you expect?
• Max score will revert to 1600.
• No penalties for wrong answers! Forget about those ¼ point deductions adding up.
• The writing test will be optional.
• Vocabulary questions will feature less archaic words and more words commonly in use.
• The Math section will focus on just three main areas.
• A calculator will be permitted for certain parts …
According to the U.S. Department of Education, students who complete college credit while in high school require less remediation, have higher Grade Point Averages, and earn more credits in college. Starting next year, the state Department of Education will provide funding for high school students from low-income backgrounds to take courses through one of Delaware’s colleges or universities at no cost.
“Cost shouldn’t be an obstacle for our students who are stepping up and challenging themselves to prepare for a better future and we’re going to make sure it’s not,” said Governor Markell. “We have two main purposes in establishing …