Children may grasp rhythm and pitch as early as age 3. Does that mean it’s time to start piano lessons? Many need more time. Some are musically ready early but lack social and emotional skills. Gauge your child’s readiness:
- Can your child sing a song on key?
- Can your child keep a consistent beat?
- Can your child sit and focus for 15 to 30 minutes?
- At a minimum, does your child know numbers 1 to 5 and letters A to G?
- Is your child interested in reading and able to begin reading music?
- Is your child big enough to reach