Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Inc. recently celebrated its 28th anniversary in business in Wilmington, Delaware. Back to Basics was founded in 1985 as a tutoring service with a focus on 1-on-1 instruction and quickly gained a reputation for excellence and dedication to its students’ success. Since its humble beginnings, the company has grown dramatically and is now the acknowledged leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania.
“It seems incredible that 28 years have passed since Back to Basics accepted its first student,” says the company’s founder Beverly Stewart, M.Ed. “Over the years, we have been privileged …
The Diamond State Scholarship is a merit-based award for graduating high school seniors enrolling at regionally accredited colleges in the U.S.
Applicants must be:
- Legal residents of Delaware
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens
- High school seniors who rank in upper quarter of class
- Combined score of at least 1800 on the SAT
- Enrolled as a full-time student in a degree program at a nonprofit, regionally accredited institution
Application Deadline: March 21, 2014
Number of Awards: 50
Maximum Amount: $1,250
Renewable: This award is renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
For more information, please …
With a long holiday break looming, many parents wonder, “How to keep the kids active and engaged?” We say, sneak a little learning into that school vacation through an educational field trip… or two!
We are fortunate to have many world-class destinations right here in the tri-state (Delaware-Maryland-Pennsylvania) area. From the stunning horticultural displays at Longwood Gardens, to the meticulously decorated period rooms of Winterthur, there’s so much to see and do. So, to sneak in a little learning you won’t have to travel far.
Here are a few events that your kids will truly enjoy – just don’t tell …
Are you an athlete who loves sports as much as you love making a difference in the community? DoSomething.org and Foot Locker will be honoring 20 athletes who shine on and off the field with $20,000 each through the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program.
Award: 20 awards of $20,000
Deadline: December 19, 2013
The applicant must:
- Be entering college in the Fall of 2014 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree
- Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community-based sports
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal