An educational consultant and advocate is often necessary when parents are considering making transitions between schools, or when students are experiencing difficulties with academics or social settings. Additionally, when parents are confused by the vast amount of education lingo and there are numerous decisions to be made regarding their child’s immediate and long-term future–this is the time to call in a seasoned professional to answer questions and perhaps act as an advocate for your child. This includes speaking as an education expert in child custody hearings. Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Inc., provides these services.
You may need an Educational Consultant when:
- The “next step” for your child’s education is not clear; and you need to understand the options.
- Your child’s school has called you in for a conference, perhaps even to recommend special education placement.
- You have received the results of educational testing on your child and need help interpreting the report.
- Your child’s school asks to have the school psychologist or educational diagnostician (E.D.) test your child.
- You become overwhelmed by feedback from too many sources regarding your student.
- You are afraid you may make a wrong educational decision which will impact your child for years to come.
- You don’t know whose opinion to trust anymore and you need an unbiased viewpoint.
- You are not certain whether you should have your child repeat a grade.
- You are considering homeschooling (either on your own or through an outside agency).
- You are confused by all the education lingo (L.D, A.D.D. A.D.H.D, Asperger’s, IEP and more).
- You aren’t sure when and how your high school student should prepare for and take the SAT.
- You don’t know where to turn when your adolescent continues to do poorly in school, year after year.
- You need guidance regarding any aspect of your student’s schooling.
|Our clients give Back to Basics a 97% Customer Satisfaction Rating. In their words…|
|“Both of my sons attended Back to Basics. I thought you might like to know that one now has a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree and the other is a Management Information Systems graduate… I feel part of the success they have enjoyed is due directly to the instruction they received from Back to Basics.” – Mrs. Cook|