Where can you dig for prehistoric dinosaur bones, take a whirlwind trip through the solar system, or measure yourself against a brave medieval knight? At your local museum, of course!
Museums – whether science, space, natural history, decorative arts, or history – are an integral part of the learning process for students of all ages. A visit to a museum can take a subject from the dusty pages of a book and make it come alive!
In the spirit of the Smithsonian Museums, which offer free admission every day, Museum Day Live! is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine. Participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. The Museum Day ticket provides free admission for two people on Saturday, September 22, 2018.
Tickets will be available for the public to download beginning at midnight on August 15, 2018.Some of the local participating museums include:
- Delaware Museum of Natural History, Wilmington, DE
- Hagley Museum, Wilmington, DE
- Old Swedes Historic Site, Wilmington, DE
- Iron Hill Museum & Science Center. Newark, DE
- Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, PA
- Fort Mifflin on the Delaware, Philadelphia, PA
- American Swedish Historical Museum, Philadelphia, PA
- Penn Museum, Philadelphia, PA
- The Print Center, Philadelphia, PA
- The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Laurel Hill Mansion, Philadelphia, PA
- African American Museum in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Independence Seaport Museum, Philadelphia, PA
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, Strasburg, PA
- Woodmere Art Museum, Philadelphia, PA
To register for tickets and learn more, visit Museum Day Live!
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is not in partnership with, or affiliated with, this organization, in any way. This post is simply intended to inform Back to Basics’ clients and readers about relevant opportunities for children, youth, and adults.