Created in 1989, Superstars in Education is a statewide program that recognizes members of Delaware’s education community who have implemented and sustained best practices and innovative educational programs. Superstars in Education focuses on student skill development and increased academic achievement to help ensure students are career-ready or prepared to pursue postsecondary education.
Today’s students are tomorrow’s workforce. Over the last 25 years, 197 educational programs have received a Superstars in Education Award. These programs range from single classroom programs to collaborative partnerships. And, this award is not just designed to showcase what is working, it is dedicated to those programs that are truly special.
Is your program eligible? Requirements include:
- Programs must be in place for at least two years and show measurable results.
- Programs must be student-growth oriented (skill development and academic growth).
- Programs must support best teaching and professional practices that systematically improve student skill development and work towards raising student achievement.
- Previous applicants are encouraged to apply again.
- Previous winners are eligible to apply again with new programs.
How to apply:
- Complete the Superstars in Education Application.
- Prepare a list of individuals responsible for the program.
- Provide a written response to the Evaluation Criteria.
- Attach additional supporting documentation to your nomination.
- Comply with the Family Rights and Educational Privacy Act.
Deadline and submission details:
- Completed application must be submitted in one .pdf document.
- Please do not include multiple attachments.
- Email to Cheryl Corn materials by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, November 12, 2019.
To learn more, visit Superstars in Education at the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce.
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is not in partnership with, or affiliated with, this organization, in any way. This post is simply intended to inform Back to Basics’ clients and readers about relevant opportunities. To learn more about Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Delaware’s premier 1-on-1 tutoring facility, click the About Us tab above.