Was the school year a success for your child? Or, is there a real need for improvement? If intervention is required, summer offers an exceptional opportunity, away from the hustle and bustle of the school year, to conduct psycho-educational evaluations. These tests provide a clear picture of where your child is struggling and how you, and the school, can best help.
Deciding to have your child tested, however, is not an easy decision. Having your child evaluated, however, is the only way to know exactly why he’s struggling in school and if he’s eligible for special education.
At Back to Basics Learning Dynamics in Wilmington, Delaware, psycho-educational evaluations are performed by licensed, clinical psychologists on staff. Using the most sophisticated measures available, Back to Basics can help maximize a student’s success by analyzing his strengths and challenges, as well as any learning differences.
Tests available at Back to Basics include:
- Academic Achievement Levels (by grade level and age level)
- Learning Disability and Giftedness Screening
- Attention Deficit Disorder Screening
- Verbal and Visual Memory
- Visual and Auditory Perception
Recommendations are then made to parents and educators regarding the best teaching methods and educational environment for the student to help him reach his full potential. The resulting formal report can be used to:
- Document the need for special services to be provided by the schools
- Take extended time SATs and High School Entrance Exams, and many other tests
- Evaluate for entrance into a gifted program
- Accommodate through 504 Plans
For more information on the full range of psycho-educational evaluations available at Back to Basics, please call 302-594-0754.