The Fresh Start Scholarship Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization which has awarded over $925,000 to more than 200 women attending colleges and universities in Delaware. The Foundation also provides 1-on-1 mentoring for our scholars and has averaged a 70% graduation rate!
Eligibility: Candidates must:
- Be female.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be a resident of Delaware OR be currently employed in Delaware for at least the past 12 months.
- Be at least 20 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have had at least a two year break in education either after completing high school or during post-secondary (college) studies.
- Be admitted to an accredited Delaware college in a two or four year degree program at the undergraduate level. (Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply.)
- Acquire a recommendation from a college representative, a nonprofit/government agency or an employer.
- Have at least a C average if currently enrolled in college.
- Certify financial need.
- Submit a completed application including a personal statement.
- Be available for a brief telephone interview if a scholarship finalist.
Award: The number and amount of the awards will be determined annually prior to the fall semester but will in no event exceed the costs of tuition, fees, books and other direct educational expenses. Awards will be paid directly to the college prior to the beginning of each semester.
Application Checklist: Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all questions as completely as possible. All of the following materials must be submitted via this form.
- Completed application including ALL financial data
- Personal Statement
- Signed Consent
- Recommendation from a Social Service/Government Agency, College/University Representative, or Employer (Download PDF)
- Official copy of high school transcript or GED certificate OR, if applicable, copy of Official college transcripts
Note: Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Deadline: COMPLETED APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MAY 15, 2018.
Awards are granted without regard to race, marital status, genetic information, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Questions may be directed to: FSSF (302-397-3440) or FSSF@freshstartscholarship.org.
About Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Inc. in Delaware
Back to Basics offers 1-on-1 tutoring in 60+ subjects, professional development, translating and interpreting in 21 languages, speech therapy, occupational therapy, behavior specialists, reading specialists, paras, ELL services, homebound services, RTI support, psycho-educational testing and test prep. Plus, Back to Basics Private School is Delaware’s only Department of Education approved 1-on-1 Private School for K-12. We also offer summer school and educational summer camps, original credit and credit recovery, along with unique enrichment options such as music, art and photography. Click Here to learn about summer camps, summer school, original credit and enrichment options!
*Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is not in partnership with, or affiliated with, this organization, or the selection committees in any way. This post is simply intended to inform Back to Basics’ clients and readers about relevant opportunities for children, youth, and adults.