The Bright Future’s Scholarship Program supports the field of early childhood education by offering financial assistance for future teachers. The program’s financial assistance ranges from $250-$1,000 for full-time students pursuing degrees in Early Childhood Education or in a related field. Funds may be used toward books, laptops, fees or other education-related expenses.
- Full-time enrollment in an accredited degree program
- Demonstrated potential as a teacher of young children under the age of 6 and have a minimum of nine months of experience working with this age group
- A consistent display of excellence as a standard in their educational coursework, especially in classes related to education/child development. Candidates must demonstrate achievement in their field-based experiences working directly with young children and their families
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum of 15 credits completed for associate’s program, minimum 30 credits completed for bachelor’s program or have already been accepted into a master’s program at the time of submitting their application
- Two recommendations (one professional and one academic). See Recommendations section below for more information.
- Written personal essay via the online application of at least 500 words, but not to exceed 800 words, that focuses on why you are passionate and committed to your education, including any obstacles you may have overcome to reach their goals to pursue their career in early childhood education
- United States college and universities only
The deadline to receive all documents, including recommendations, is June 8, 2018. For additional information and to apply, please visit Bright Horizons.
About Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Inc. in Delaware
Back to Basics offers 1-on-1 tutoring in 60+ subjects, professional development, translating and interpreting in 21 languages, speech therapy, occupational therapy, behavior specialists, reading specialists, paras, ELL services, homebound services, RTI support, psycho-educational testing and test prep. Plus, Back to Basics Private School is Delaware’s only Department of Education approved 1-on-1 Private School for K-12. We also offer summer school and educational summer camps, original credit and credit recovery, along with unique enrichment options such as music, art and photography. Click Here to learn about summer camps, summer school, original credit and enrichment options!
*Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is not in partnership with, or affiliated with, this organization, or the selection committees in any way. This post is simply intended to inform Back to Basics’ clients and readers about relevant opportunities for children, youth, and adults.