The Delaware Scholarship Incentive Program (ScIP) is a scholarship from the DHEO that is awarded to eligible students based on their financial need, as determined by the FAFSA and the cost of the college they are attending. Students must be enrolled full-time, have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and be in an eligible program of study.
There are three steps that a student needs to complete in order for the DHEO to review their eligibility for the Scholarship Incentive Program. There is no application. If you complete all 3 steps outlined below, you will be reviewed for eligibility for this scholarship.
1. Complete a FAFSA before April 15, 2018.
2. Create an online Student Account through the DHEO Student Account portal and provide your anticipated college enrollment for 2018-2019 by 7/2/2018. To create or to access your already created DHEO Student Account, use this link: DHEO Student Account.
3. Provide your academic records to the Delaware Higher Education Office by 7/2/2018.
Provide your academic records to the DHEO by following the directions below:
• If you are a current high school student attending a Delaware public or charter school, the DHEO will import your academic records from Delaware Department of Education files.
• If you are a high school student who is home schooled or attending a private school in Delaware, please forward an unofficial copy of your final transcript showing an unweighted cumulative GPA to the DHEO by July 2, 2018.
• If you are a current college/university student, please forward a copy of your unofficial transcript to the DHEO by July 2, 2018.
• If you are not currently enrolled in college or high school, please send your most recent academic records to the DHEO by July 2, 2018.
Need more college scholarships?
In Delaware, the Department of Education offers college-bound students an easy way to begin searching local and national scholarships in the online Scholarship Compendium . This is a free, mobile way for students to find scholarships by category and deadline. Students and parents can search scholarships by eligibility requirements such as county of residency, ethnicity or race, and profession – about 15 categories in all – as well as alphabetically or by due date. Users then can drill down for more details, including application information. To get started, visit Scholarship Compendium .
In addition, Back to Basics has created a database of college scholarships for all ages, majors, and interests. To see even more tuition-busting opportunities, visit our Scholarships tab.
And, don’t forget to visit our comprehensive guide How to WIN Scholarships for helpful tips on getting organized, writing essays, and winning those scholarships. Remember, an investment in education is an investment in the future.
About Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Inc. in Delaware
Back to Basics offers 1-on-1 tutoring in 60+ subjects, professional development, translating and interpreting in 21 languages, speech therapy, occupational therapy, behavior specialists, reading specialists, paras, ELL services, homebound services, RTI support, psycho-educational testing and test prep. Plus, Back to Basics Private School is Delaware’s only Department of Education approved 1-on-1 Private School for K-12. We also offer summer school and educational summer camps, original credit and credit recovery, along with unique enrichment options such as music, art and photography. Click Here to learn about summer camps, summer school, original credit and enrichment options!