Did you know that if you plan to study in a specialized field at an out-of-state college, you may only have to pay in-state tuition rates? Through the Academic Common Market, students pursuing a degree program not available in their home state may qualify for in-state tuition rates!
What is the Academic Common Market? The Academic Common Market is a tuition-savings agreement between 15 states (including Delaware) that are members of the Southern Regional Education Board. If your degree program is not offered by a public college in your home state, you may be eligible for in-state tuition at one of the participating public colleges.
How can I apply? In Delaware, you may apply for the ACM if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a Delaware resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Your degree program is not offered at the University of Delaware or Delaware State University
- You have been accepted into, or you are already enrolled in, an eligible degree program that has been selected for the ACM by a participating public institution.
How can I find participating colleges and universities? Click here to search the SREB Website for the most current eligible degree programs and participating public institutions.
The ACM includes baccalaureate and graduate-level degree programs. First professional degree programs —such as dentistry, medicine, optometry, pharmacy, theology, and law— are not offered in the ACM and cannot be requested.
Degree programs offered in the ACM are selected by the participating institutions and are subject to change. Both participating institutions and states may set restrictions on ACM participation, and institutions may elect to discontinue participation in the ACM at any time.
- The program that you are requesting is not currently available at the University of Delaware or Delaware State University
- The program that you are requesting is at least 50% different from any similar program offered at the University of Delaware or Delaware State University
- The student who is requesting the program must be formally and unconditionally admitted into that program.
For more information about the Academic Common Market, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional ways to help pay the cost of college tuition, please visit our Scholarships page. This is regularly updated with the latest undergraduate and graduate level scholarships for Delaware students.
About Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Inc. in Delaware
Back to Basics offers 1-on-1 tutoring in 60+ subjects, professional development, translating and interpreting in 21 languages, speech therapy, occupational therapy, behavior specialists, reading specialists, paras, ELL services, homebound services, RTI support, psycho-educational testing and test prep. We also offer summer school and educational summer camps, original credit and credit recovery, along with unique enrichment options such as music, art and photography. Plus, Back to Basics Private School is Delaware’s only Department of Education approved 1-on-1 Private School for K-12.