Created in 1989 and supported by the business community, Superstars in Education is a statewide program that recognizes members of Delaware’s education community who have implemented and sustained best practices and innovative educational programs. Superstars in Education Is dedicated to sharing educational best practices, focusing on student skill development and increased academic achievement to help ensure students are career ready or prepared to pursue postsecondary education.
This year we are focusing on excellence in science teaching, integrated classroom technology practices, and school-to-career partnerships. Additionally, a special award will be presented which recognes business/community leadership in supporting education.
The Superstars in Education Program culminates in a recognition reception attended by business and community leaders, educators, administrators and elected officials. The program will be held on Monday, May 14, 2018 at 4:45 p.m. in the Doberstein Admissions Center Auditorium at Wilmington University.
How can a program apply for an award?
Simply complete the following steps:
- Complete the 2018 Superstars in Education Application (attached)
- Prepare a list of individuals responsible for the program.
- Provide a written response to the Evaluation Criteria.
- Attach additional supporting documentation to your nomination.
- Comply with the Family Rights and Educational Privacy Act.
- Completed application must be submitted in onepdf document. Please do not include multiple attachments.
- Email (email@example.com) your completed application materials no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, November 13, 2017
Please contact Cheryl Corn, firstname.lastname@example.org or (302) 576-6572, if you have any questions.