National Child Abuse Prevention Month is a time to acknowledge the importance of strong, nurturing communities that are supportive of local families. Community members are encouraged to get involved and play a role in preventing child abuse and neglect, as well as promote child and family well-being.
During the month of April and throughout the year, communities are encouraged to share important child abuse and neglect prevention awareness strategies and activities.
US Department of Health and Social Services Resources
Tip sheets are designed for parents and caregivers. They provide a starting point for a discussion, are easy to read and focus on concrete steps that parents can take to strengthen their family. Many are also available in Spanish.
- English Packet
- Keeping Your Family Strong
- Making Healthy Connections With Your Family
- Feeding Your Family
- Preventing Child Sexual Abuse
- Managing Stress PDF
- Managing Your Finances
- Helping Your Child Heal From Trauma
- Human Trafficking: Protecting Our Youth
- Bonding With Your Baby
- Dealing With Temper Tantrums
- Parenting Your School-Age Child
- Connecting With Your Teen
- Teen Parents…You’re Not Alone!
- Ten Ways to Be a Better Dad
- Raising Your Kin
- Support After an Adoption
- Military Families
- How to Develop Strong Communities
- Parenting Your Child With Developmental Delays and Disabilities
- Building Resilience in Children and Teens
- Parenting After Domestic Violence
About Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Inc.
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics offers over 125 unique educational services, the widest array of educational options in the tri-state area including: 1-on-1 tutoring in over 60 subjects, translating and interpreting in 21 languages, speech therapy, occupational therapy, behavior specialists, reading specialists, ELL teachers, homebound services, and psycho-educational testing. In addition, Back to Basics offers exceptional, 1-on-1 test prep for tests including the SAT, PSAT, SAT II, ACT, GRE, PRAXIS, GED, and HSEE. Back to Basics also offers summer school, original credit, and credit recovery, plus unique enrichment options and professional development. And, Back to Basics operates Delaware’s only Department of Education-approved, 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware.
We serve the diverse needs of a range of students – from those who simply need some academic support, to those who are learning disabled, hearing or visually impaired, ADHD, gifted, or on the Autism Spectrum including High Functioning Autistic and Aspergers.
To learn more about these, and many more educational services in Delaware and the tri-state area, please call us at 302-594-0754.