According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of open nursing positions is going to continue climbing in 2016. In fact, from 2012 to 2022 there is expected to be an increase of more than 24 percent, which means that by 2022, there will be a demand for over 1 million new nurses in the U.S.
If a career in nursing is your passion, getting the right education is key. To help nursing students in Delaware, a Nursing Incentive Scholarship is available. The “loan” is not to exceed cost of tuition, mandatory fees, and other direct educational expenses and is renewable for up to three additional years (with a cumulative 2.75 GPA)
The Loan Forgiveness Provision at a rate of one year of employment at a state-owned hospital or clinic for one year of loan including the following Delaware hospitals:
- Governor Bacon Health Center
- Emily P. Bissell Hospital
- Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill
- Delaware Psychiatric Center
- Delaware Veterans Home
- Stockley Center
- Legal residents of Delaware.
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Full-time students enrolled in an accredited program leading to certification as an RN or LPN.
- High school seniors must rank in upper half of class with at least a 2.5 cumulative, unweighted GPA.
- Undergraduates must have at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- Current state employees do not have to be Delaware residents and may be considered for prorated awards if enrolled part-time.
- RNs with five or more years of state service may enroll in a BSN program on a full- or part-time basis.
The deadline to receive all application materials is 4:30 p.m. on June 1, 2016. Applicants who apply after the priority deadline will be considered to the extent that funding is available. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
For more information, or to apply online visit the Delaware Higher Education Office’s secure Student Account Access site.
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects including 16 foreign languages.
The company also offers 1-on-1 instruction for the SAT, ACT and Test Prep, translating and interpreting in 16+ languages, educational testing and more. For more information about Back to Basics’ educational services, please call us at 302-594-0754.
The company also operates a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware. For more information about Delaware’s only Department of Education approved 1-on-1 private school, please call us at 302-594-0685.