At Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, we understand that college is hard. Receiving acceptance to a dream college can quickly become a nightmare when the reality of tutition costs sets in.
So, we have searched and found some of the most amazing scholarship oppotunities for students of all ages, interests, and abilities!
Below is information about the Davidson Fellowship for exceptional students in several categories. But, if this is not the perfect fit for you, please click the College Scholarships category in the right sidebar for many more opportunties.
If you would like to share a scholarship opportunity, please contact Susan McNeill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Davidson Fellows Scholarship
The Davidson Fellows Scholarship awards $50,000, $25,000 and $10,000 scholarships to extraordinary young people, 18 and under, who have completed a significant piece of work.
Application categories are Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Literature, Music, Philosophy and Outside the Box. Davidson Fellows are honored every year in Washington, D.C. with Congressional meetings and a special reception.
To be eligible for consideration as a Davidson Fellow, applicants must:
- Be 18 or younger as of Oct. 1, 2016. (There is no minimum age for eligibility.)
- Be a U.S. citizen residing in the United States, or a Permanent Resident of the United States residing in the United States, or be stationed overseas due to active U. S. military duty.
- The Davidson Institute is looking for students whose projects are at, or close to, the college graduate level with a depth of knowledge in their particular area of study.
- Davidson Fellows must be available to attend, with at least one parent or guardian, the awards reception and other recognition events to be held in September in Washington, D.C. (Travel expenses and lodging will be provided by the Institute.)
- STEM Categories – Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
- Humanities Categories – Literature, Music, Philosophy
- Outside the Box
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of significant work. Significant work is an accomplishment that experts in the field recognize as meaningful and has the potential to make a positive contribution to society. Such work may be:
- an exceptionally creative application of existing knowledge,
- a new idea with high impact,
- an innovative solution with broad-range implications,
- an important advancement that can be replicated and built upon,
- an interdisciplinary discovery,
- a prodigious performance, or
- another demonstration of extraordinary accomplishment.
Application Submission and Deadline
An Online Application System makes it easy to complete the application. If you have already applied for a Davidson Institute program using the Online Application System, you may use the same login information to apply for the Davidson Fellows Scholarship.
Please submit the initial portion of the application as soon as possible. Your information and project description will be reviewed to ensure eligibility. After the initial portion of the application is reviewed, you will receive an email with next steps.
Review Process and Notification
Each submission is examined for completeness and accuracy. Qualified entries are then sorted by category and evaluated by an independent team of judges comprised of professionals with expertise in related domain areas. The team of judges may, at their sole discretion, consult with additional experts to assist in evaluating the merits of each submission.
The independent team of judges will identify which applicants will be named Davidson Fellows and decide whether they will receive a $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 scholarship.
Celebrating 30 years of excellence in education! Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects. The company offers Delaware’s only Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware and a Delaware Business and Trade School for ages 16 and older. In addition, the company offers translating and interpreting in 16 languages throughout Delaware. Back to Basics is the winner of numerous awards for academic and business excellence including the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.