As a Certifying Organization of the PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD, Youth Service America awards the PVSA to those who meet or exceed the award criteria. Established in 2003, the PVSA is given by the President of the United States and honors individuals, families and groups who have demonstrated a sustained commitment to volunteer service over the course of 12 months.
To qualify for the PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD, volunteers simply submit a record of their service hours to Youth Service America, and we will verify the service and award the PVSA. Volunteer service hours are not limited to those performed as part of Youth Service America programs. In fact, service hours can be accumulated through work on a variety of projects throughout the year. The only requirement is that the necessary hours be completed within 12 months; recipients can qualify for a new PVSA each year.
|Kids ages 5-10||Teens 11-15||Young Adults 16-25|
|Bronze Award||26-49 hours||50-74 hours||100-249 hours|
|Silver Award||50-74 hours||75-99 hours||175-249 hours|
|Gold Award||75+ hours||100+ hours||250+ hours|
- An official President’s Volunteer Service Award lapel pin ($20 award package) or medallion ($23 award package).
- A personalized certificate of achievement
- A congratulatory letter from the President of the United States
- Eligible to be recognized as a YSA Service Star
HOW TO APPLY:
- Register your hours at the https://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov
- Click on ‘My Service’ to track your hours
- Enter Record of Service Key KHQ-37283 to submit your hours to Youth Service America (located in ‘My Profile’)
- Submit your Record of Service
- Submit payment for the award to YSA using this form. The cost for each award is $20 for the lapel pin package or $23 for the medallion package (includes shipping).
- After payment is received, YSA staff will review Record of Service and process the award.
- Records of Service are reviewed and awards mailed monthly.