The summer is a time of reflection and sometimes transition. Was your child successful in school this year? Or, did he regularly beg to stay home?
Knowing when a change needs to take place can be difficult and fraught with anxiety for both parents and students alike. But, input from an outside expert can help! An educational consultant and advocate is often necessary when parents are considering making transitions between schools, or when students are experiencing difficulties with academics or social settings.
When a child’s immediate and long-term future is at stake, it’s time to call in a seasoned professional to answer questions and perhaps act as an advocate for your child.
You may need an Educational Consultant when:
- The “next step” for your child’s education is not clear; and you need to understand the options.
- Your child’s school has called you in for a conference, perhaps even to recommend special education placement.
- You have received the results of educational testing on your child and need help interpreting the report.
- Your child’s school asks to have the school psychologist or educational diagnostician (E.D.) test your child.
- You become overwhelmed by feedback from too many sources regarding your student.
- You are afraid you may make a wrong educational decision which will impact your child for years to come.
- You don’t know whose opinion to trust anymore and you need an unbiased viewpoint.
- You are not certain whether you should have your child repeat a grade.
- You are considering homeschooling (either on your own or through an outside agency).
- You are confused by all the education lingo (L.D, A.D.D. A.D.H.D, Asperger’s, IEP and more).
- You aren’t sure when and how your high school student should prepare for and take the SAT.
- You don’t know where to turn when your adolescent continues to do poorly in school, year after year.
- You need guidance regarding any aspect of your student’s schooling.
For more information about working with a trained and experienced Educational Consultant, please contact Beverly Stewart at 302-594-0754.
Celebrating 30 years of excellence in education! Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects. The company offers a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware and a Delaware Business and Trade School for ages 16 and older. In addition, the company offers translating and interpreting in 16 languages throughout Delaware. Back to Basics is the winner of numerous awards for academic and business excellence including the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.