Today is the eighth annual World Autism Awareness Day. Every year, autism organizations around the world celebrate the day with unique fundraising and events to create awareness worldwide.
So, how savvy are you about autism? For example, did you know:
- Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys,
- Autism prevalence figures are growing,
- Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disorder in the U.S.,
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average,
- boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism, and
- there is no medical detection or cure for autism.
To learn more about special events or autism in general, visit Autism Speaks.
Celebrating 30 years of excellence in education! Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects. The company offers a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware and a Delaware Business and Trade School for ages 16 and older. In addition, the company offers translating and interpreting in 16 languages throughout Delaware. Back to Basics is the winner of numerous awards for academic and business excellence including the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.