The Fresh Start Scholarship Foundation was established by the Wilmington Women in Business in 1996 to provide financial incentive and mentoring assistance to a woman returning to school to improve her life and opportunities. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, or national origin.
• Be female
• Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
• Be a resident of Delaware OR be employed in Delaware for at least 12 months
• Be at least 20 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Have had at least a two year break in education either after completing high school or during post-secondary (college) studies
• Be admitted to an accredited Delaware college in a two or four year degree program at the undergraduate level. (Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply.)
• Be recommended by a Social Service Agency OR College Representative
• Have at least a C average if currently enrolled in college
• Certify financial need
• Submit a completed application including a personal statement
The number and amount of the awards will be determined annually prior to the fall semester but will in no event exceed the costs of tuition, fees, books and other direct educational expenses. Awards will be paid to the college prior to the beginning of each semester.
Or, completed applications can be mailed to:
Fresh Start Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 7784
Wilmington, DE 19803
Excellence in Education since 1985!
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects. The company offers a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware and a Delaware Business and Trade School for ages 16 and older. In addition, the company offers translating and interpreting in 16 languages throughout Delaware. Back to Basics is the winner of numerous awards for academic and business excellence including the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.