In the spirit of Smithsonian Museums, who offer free admission every day, Museum Day Live! is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors to anyone presenting a Museum Day Ticket… free.
Here are some of the museums in Delaware who will be participating:
- Biggs Museum of American Art, Dover
- Delaware Art Museum, Wilmington
- Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts, Wilmington
- Delaware Museum of Natural History, Wilmington
- Elsie Williams Doll Collection, Georgetown
- Iron Hill Museum, Newark
- The Lewes Historical Society, Lewes
- Treasures of the Sea Exhibit, Georgetown
Rules of the event:
- Only an official Museum Day Live! ticket is eligible for free entry. Official tickets can be found on the Museum Day Live! Website.
- One ticket per household, for two people.
- A ticket will gain entry to only one of the participating museums, excluding parking and special events and exhibits.
- If museum reaches capacity, museum has the right to limit the number of guests until space becomes available.
To learn more or to see a complete list of participating museums nationwide, please visit Museum Day Live!
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in one-on-one tutoring in Delaware. In addition, the company offers a unique Department of Education-approved K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware and a Delaware Business and Trade Schoolfor ages 16 and older. Back to Basics is the winner of numerous awards for academic and business excellence including the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.