“Studies prove that the most important thing adults can do in preparing young children for success in school and reading is to read aloud with them.
Many doctors believe that a child that has never had the experience of being read to is not a fully healthy child. The American Medical Association has suggested that all doctors prescribe “reading to children.”
Reading aloud with children regularly is an extremely effective medium to build relationships and communicate with children.”
Since March is National Reading Month, we’ve listed some of our all-time favorite children’s books! What are yours?
- Little Critter, I Was So Mad
- Alexander and the terrible, horrible no good, very bad day
- Hop on Pop
- 5 Minutes Peace
- The lady with the alligator purse
- Cam Jansen
- The Magic Tree House series
- The Cricket in Times Square
- The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe
- Little House on the Praire
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Little Women
For 27 years, Back to Basics Learning Dynamics Inc. has been recognized as the undisputed leader in one-on-one tutoring in Delaware. In addition, the company offers a unique Department of Education-approved Private School for grades K-12 and a Private Business and Trade School for ages 16 and older. Back to Basics is the 2010 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.