To be eligible, the student must meet the following criteria as of March 15, 2012.
- Must be between the ages of 6 and 18 and not yet a high school graduate.
- Actions must be described in detail and should document efforts above and beyond what is expected of a child his or her age.
- Volunteer efforts must have occurred in the last year.
- Winners are chosen based on the project, benefits and outcome.
This year, more than 2,200 kids will be recognized with over $440,000 in scholarships and prizes.
- Store Winners will receive a $50 Kohl’s Gift Card.
- Regional Winners will each be awarded a $1,000 scholarship for post-secondary education.
- National Winners will each be awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships for post-secondary education and Kohl’s will donate $1,000 to a non-profit organization on each winner’s behalf.
To nominate a child, CLICK HERE.
For 27 years, Back to Basics Learning Dynamics Inc. has been recognized as the undisputed leader in one-on-one tutoring in Delaware. In addition, the company offers a unique Department of Education-approved Private School for grades K-12 and a Private Business and Trade School for ages 16 and older. Back to Basics is the 2010 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.