AWARD: The Fresh Start Scholarship Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, was established by the Wilmington Women in Business in 1996 to provide financial incentive and mentoring assistance to a woman returning to school to improve her life and opportunities. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, or national origin.
The number and amount of the awards will be determined annually prior to the fall semester but will in no event exceed the costs of tuition, fees, books and other direct educational expenses. Awards will be paid to the college prior to the beginning of each semester.
- Be female.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be at least 20 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have had at least a two year break in education either after completing high school or during post-secondary (college) studies.
- Be admitted to (or currently enrolled) in an accredited Delaware college in a two or four year degree program at the undergraduate level. (Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply.).
- Be recommended by a Social Service Agency (or if a Social Service Agency is not available, by a College Representative).
- Have at least a C average if currently enrolled in college.
- Certify financial need.
- Submit a completed application including a personal statement
DEADLINE: COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MAY 31 yearly.
Award Notification: All applicants will be notified on or before July 31 yearly.
APPLICATION: Click Here
For 25 years, Back to Basics in Wilmington, Delaware has been recognized as the area’s undisputed leader in one-on-one tutoring. In addition, the firm offers a unique Delaware private school for grades K-12 and a Private Business and Trade School for adults. Back to Basics is the 2010 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.