- High school seniors or high school graduates who are first-time college students in the fall of 2011
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2011-12 academic year
- Plan to major in a course of study that focuses on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math). Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States
Award Selection Criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
- Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience, educational and career goals, and unusual circumstances
- Special consideration will be given to the following applicants: first-generation college, female, minority, military veteran or a dependent of military personnel
- 1,000 Buick Achievers Scholarships of $2,000, available for four years and one additional year for those entering a five-year engineering program.
- 100 Buick Achievers National Scholarships of up to $25,000 per year, available for four years, and one additional year for those entering a five-year engineering program. (The actual award amount will not exceed the total cost of the student’s tuition, fees, books, supplies, required equipment, room and board and other allowable expenses, less other gift aid known at the time of application.)
- Awards are renewable for the given years noted above or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance, full-time enrollment and continuing to major in an eligible field of study.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2011
For 25 years, Back to Basics in Wilmington, Delaware has been recognized as the area’s undisputed leader in one-on-one tutoring. In addition, the firm offers a unique Delaware private school for grades K-12 and a Private Business and Trade School for adults. Back to Basics is the 2010 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.