Communication is essential to success and we need your expertise! Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is expanding and has outstanding opportunities for experienced and professional interpreters (part-time).
Qualified candidates will meet with clients in person at daytime appointments, assisting at doctor appointments, school conferences, legal consultations, and other events. Positions are statewide, but are mostly located in New Castle County, Delaware.
Qualified candidates must be adaptable and flexible, bright and enthusiastic. Candidates should possess Bridging the Gap or similar certification.
- Must have 1+ year of professional interpreting experience on your resume, exclusive of services for family or friends.
- Must be up to date on immunizations and be willing to get a background check.
- Must be a US citizen or be able to provide documentation to legally work in the US.
- Must be able to meet with clients during the day, in person, without the use of communication software such as Skype in Delaware.
- PLEASE BE SURE YOUR RESUME INCLUDES YOUR PROFESSIONAL INTERPRETING EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED, NOT JUST LANGUAGE FLUENCY
- Candidates should possess Bridging the Gap or similar certification .
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters. In addition to the requirements above, American Sign Language Interpreters must have experience and be RID certified.
Languages needed include:
- ASL (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- French (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Haitian Creole (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Hindi (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Korean (Medical interpreting, certification required) $30/HR.
- Mandarin Chinese
- Russian (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Spanish (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Turkish (Medical interpreting, certification required)
|What is it really like to work for Back to Basics? In their words…|
|“Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is a fantastic place to work. They offer flexible scheduling that works around my other employment. The staff is professional and responsive. I enjoy teaching/tutoring a variety of subjects for them and have done so for many years. I work with Angie [Back to Basics Tutoring Coordinator] almost daily and she goes above and beyond to make sure the Back to Basics employees are taken care of. I would highly recommend Back to Basics to any professional who is looking for supplemental income or prefers to work part-time.” – Elizabeth G.|