Did you know that currently, over 10,000 pieces live in more than 1,800 galleries in the National Gallery of Writing, and these numbers are still increasing? If you haven’t already done so, you can add one more by submitting your composition to http://www.ncte.org/dayonwriting
Important dates and times:
- The National Gallery of Writing Opens at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday, October 20.
- A Web cast of the national event will air live from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday, October 20.
- On Thursday, October 8, the U.S. Senate passed a resolution declaring October 20 as the National
Beverly Stewart, M.Ed. founder of Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Inc. recently lobbied the U.S. Senate and Congress in Washington, D.C. in support of S.744, The Affordable Tutoring of Our Children Act.
Senators Olympia Snowe (R-ME) and Bill Nelson (D-FL) introduced S.744 on March 31, 2009 in order to give middle class families the financial means to pay for educational assistance through their Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA). In the simplest terms, the bill will amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from an employee’s gross income any supplemental instructional services assistance. Parents would be able to put away …
An educational consultant and advocate is often necessary when parents are considering making transitions between schools, or when students are experiencing difficulties with their academics. Additionally, when parents are confused by all of the education lingo and numerous decisions to be made regarding their child’s immediate and long-term future, they turn to an educational consultant.
Consulting specialties include:
- Simplifying the education process for parents
- Learning disabilities
- IEP meetings or school conferences
- Advocating for your child’s academic, emotional & social needs
You may need an educational consultant when:
- You have received the results of educational testing on your child and need
1. Schedule a consistent time – non –negotiable. Schedule the duration (elem ~ ¼ – ½ – 1 hour). Help child prioritize if necessary.
2. Even if no homework, have them do something academic in that time frame each day (review, read, practice words or math facts). It sets a routine/habit of studying.
3. Set a permanent homework spot, where all supplies are located (or have all in a container that “travels” with the child in the house, but to same spot).
4. Let your child see you read, and learn.
5. Help only when necessary, and recognize the parts …
Is the tutoring one-on-one?
Yes. Our one-on-one tutoring approach provides maximum benefits by increasing knowledge of subject matter and building self-esteem.
Where does the tutoring take place?
Our locations are as varied as our students. Tutoring can be provided in the student’s home, office, daycare center, summer camp, school, or at our center. Back to Basics serves the needs of students of all ages in Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
Can you tutor my child during school hours?
Yes. We will work with the school and parent on scheduling the sessions before, during, or after school.
Do you offer subjects other …