The Delaware Association of Athletic Directors will award two $500 scholarships (1 male and 1 female winner statewide). The two winners from Delaware move on to the next level for a potential regional award of $1,500.
- Applicant must be a senior in high school
- Applicant must have achieved at least two (2) of the following: (a) minimum of B+ average; (b) ranked in the top 25 percent of class; (c) ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1500 (Verbal, Math and Writing).
- Applicant must have participated in two sports for at least two years in each sport.
- Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of two sports.
- Applicant must complete attached scholar/essay application.
- Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director.
- School athletic administrator/director must be an NIAAA member and a member of their respective state athletic administrators association.
- The principal or athletic administrator/director must sign the application to ensure that the academic information submitted is accurate.
Deadlines and How to Apply
Applications may be obtained by contacting your high school’s Athletic Director or going to www.daadsports.com. Deadline: April 5, 2017.
About Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Inc.
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects. Since 1985, our commitment to a 1-on-1 teaching method has differentiated us from other educational service providers.
We serve the diverse needs of a range of students – from those who simply need some academic support, to those who are learning disabled, hearing or visually impaired, ADHD, gifted, or on the Autism Spectrum including High Functioning Autistic and Aspergers.
And, we offer a menu of services that includes the widest array of educational options in the tri-state area: 1-on-1 tutoring in over 60 subjects, translating and interpreting in 21 languages, speech therapy, occupational therapy, behavior specialists, reading specialists, ELL teachers, homebound services, and psycho-educational testing. In addition, Back to Basics offers exceptional, 1-on-1 test prep for tests including the SAT, PSAT, SAT II, ACT, GRE, PRAXIS, GED, and HSEE. Back to Basics also offers summer school, original credit, and credit recovery, plus unique enrichment options and professional development.
And, Back to Basics operates a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware.
*Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is not in partnership with, or affiliated with, the Delaware Association of Athletic Directors or the scholarship committee in any way. This post is simply intended to inform Back to Basics’ clients and readers about relevant opportunities for children, youth, and adults.