Communication is essential to success and we need your expertise! Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is expanding and has outstanding opportunities for experienced and professional interpreters (part-time, as needed basis).
Qualified candidates will meet with clients in person at daytime appointments, assisting at doctor appointments, school conferences, legal consultations, and other events. Positions are statewide, but are mostly located in New Castle County and Kent County, Delaware.
Qualified candidates must be adaptable and flexible, bright and enthusiastic. Candidates should possess Bridging the Gap or similar certification.
- Must have 1+ year of professional interpreting experience on your resume, exclusive of services for family or friends.
- Must be up to date on immunizations and be willing to get a background check.
- Must be a US citizen or be able to provide documentation to legally work in the US.
- Must be able to meet with clients during the day, in person, without the use of communication software such as Skype in Delaware.
- PLEASE BE SURE YOUR RESUME INCLUDES YOUR PROFESSIONAL INTERPRETING EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED, NOT JUST LANGUAGE FLUENCY
- Candidates should possess Bridging the Gap or similar certification .
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters. In addition to the requirements above, American Sign Language Interpreters must have experience and be RID certified.
Languages needed include:
- Arabic (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- ASL (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- French(Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Haitian Creole (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Hindi (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Korean (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Russian (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Spanish (Medical interpreting, certification required)
- Turkish (Medical interpreting, certification required)
About Back to Basics Learning Dynamics, Inc.
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics offers over 125 unique educational services, the widest array of educational options in the tri-state area including: 1-on-1 tutoring in over 60 subjects, translating and interpreting in 21 languages, speech therapy, occupational therapy, behavior specialists, reading specialists, ELL teachers, homebound services, and psycho-educational testing. In addition, Back to Basics offers exceptional, 1-on-1 test prep for tests including the SAT, PSAT, SAT II, ACT, GRE, PRAXIS, GED, and HSEE. Back to Basics also offers summer school, original credit, and credit recovery, plus unique enrichment options and professional development. And, Back to Basics operates Delaware’s only Department of Education-approved, 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware.
We serve the diverse needs of a range of students – from those who simply need some academic support, to those who are learning disabled, hearing or visually impaired, ADHD, gifted, or on the Autism Spectrum including High Functioning Autistic and Aspergers.
To learn more about these, and many more educational services in Delaware and the tri-state area, please call us at 302-594-0754.