The Cameron Impact Scholarship is awarded annually in December, to approximately 10-15 high-school seniors. This four-year, merit-based scholarship is intended to cover the full tuition and ‘educational expenses’ (as defined by the Internal Revenue Service) at the recipient’s chosen collegiate institution (estimated to be between $20,000-$50,000 per year). ‘Educational expenses’ vary among higher institutions, but the Scholarship is intended to cover tuition, fees, course-related expenses, books, supplies, and equipment.
The Foundation will allocate approximately 25%, or a quarter of the scholarships to individuals pursuing careers in education, nonprofits, government, and/or military and have a stated professional goal of public service. However, the criterion for the Scholarship is intentionally broad.
There are countless ways to make a positive impact in many professional careers (Finance, Education, Healthcare, Technology, Military, Legal, Sports, Engineering and Art, to name but a few. In either the Private or Public Sector, the Cameron Impact Scholar has the ability to make real, tangible contributions in their lifelong dedication to the greater good.
Eligibility for the Cameron Impact Scholarship is based on the following criteria:
The applicant must:
- Prioritize academic excellence (maintaining a minimum cumulative unweighted 3.7 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent in their high school studies);
- Be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Be in the high school graduating Class of 2017, planning to enroll in a full-time course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year U.S. college or university for the full academic year following high school graduation;
- Excel in a broad variety of extracurricular activities. This includes, but is not limited to: athletics, academic clubs, music lessons, performance art, and philanthropic organizations;
- Be motivated leaders with a strong work ethic and social acumen. Scholars rise to the occasion and are both candid and confident;
- Demonstrate active participation in community service and in civic-minded arenas, exhibiting an appreciation for the world outside themselves and a belief in their own capacity to effect change on scales both large and small; and
- Submit the online application, two (2) required letters of recommendation (link provided once the student-portion of the application is submitted), and transcript certifying academic performance, by the application deadline.
Applicants may not be related to, or have pre-existing relationships to any members of the Bryan Cameron Education Foundation staff, Board of Directors, or Selection Committee. The Foundation is committed to a policy against discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Regular Application Deadline for the Class of 2017 is September 15, 2016.
Please note that a transcript and two (2) recommendations are required as part of the application process. These must be completed by the application deadline or your submission will not be considered. Applicants will receive a link to the recommendation form after they submit their portion of the application online.
Click here to submit an application.
For more information about preparing for success in college level courses through 1-on-1 tutoring in over 60 subjects, including high school Honors and AP classes, SAT and ACT prep, please contact Back to Basics at 302-594-0754.
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects. The company also offers 1-on-1 instruction for the SAT, ACT and Test Prep, translating and interpreting in 21 languages, educational testing and more. For more information about Back to Basics’ educational services, please call us at 302-594-0754.
The company also operates a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware. For more information about Delaware’s only Department of Education approved 1-on-1 private school, please call us at 302-594-0685.