Starting in 2011, National School Choice Week is held each January and shines a spotlight on this education option.
The goal of National School Choice Week (NSCW) is to raise public awareness of all types of education options for children. These include traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, online learning, homeschooling and unique private schools like Back to Basics K-12 Private School, Delaware’s only Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 private school.
School choice means giving moms and dads the opportunity to select the right fit in K-12 education environments for their individual kids.
Did you know?
- 27 governors and 200+ mayors have issued proclamations recognizing School Choice Week in their states.
- More American parents have the opportunity to choose motivating, challenging, and effective educational environments for their children than ever before.
- School districts across the country are creating tuition free magnet schools, which educate children based on a theme, such as math or the arts.
- Most US states allow for the creation of charter schools, which are tuition free public schools that operate with greater independence and flexibility than traditional public schools.
- In half of US states, students can access opportunity scholarships, tuition tax credits, or education savings accounts to attend qualifying private schools.
- Homeschooling is permitted in every state across the country.
School choice policies often vary by city, county, or school district. To get a better sense of the options available to you, you should utilize local resources, such as your state’s Department of Education’s website. In Delaware, click here.
To learn more about 1-on-1 learning, please visit Back to Basics Private School.
Educating Delaware for over 30 years! Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects. The company offers a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware and a Delaware Business and Trade School for ages 16 and older. In addition, the company offers translating and interpreting in 16 languages throughout Delaware. Back to Basics is the winner of numerous awards for academic and business excellence including the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.
PHOTO CREDIT: Photo by stockimages and FreeDigitalPhotos.com. Published on 14 March 2013
Stock photo – Image ID: 100146903