In honor of the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, Scholastic is sponsoring a Student Art Contest. The Challenge? Create a poster that inspires others to serve and answers Dr. King’s question, “What are you doing for others?” for a chance to win a tablet.
All entries must showcase a creative, artistic interpretation of “The Challenge,” an inspirational message, calling on young people to engage in service, originality, and technical skill.
- Posters must be no larger than 11″ x 17″
- Any artistic medium may be used
- Entries must be postmarked by February 28, 2014
Posters will be judged in the following grade groups: K–2, 3–5, 6–8, and 9–12. Twelve winners, three per grade band, will be selected by a panel of judges. There will be one Grand Prize winner per grade band, as well as two runners-up per grade band.
- Grand Prize–winning students: A Samsung tablet and the opportunity to have his or her poster displayed at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Bookstore in Washington, DC.
- Runner-up students: The opportunity to have his or her poster displayed at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Bookstore.
For more information visit Scholastic MLK Student Art Contest.
Excellence in Education since 1985!
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects. The company offers a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware and a Delaware Business and Trade School for ages 16 and older. In addition, the company offers translating and interpreting in 16 languages throughout Delaware. Back to Basics is the winner of numerous awards for academic and business excellence including the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.