Last night, Back to Basics Learning Dynamics was recognized by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with the 2010 BBB Torch Award for exceptional leadership, transparency, and business ethics. An awards ceremony was held at the Hotel DuPont to honor the Wilmington-based firm, which has been serving the varied educational needs of children through adults for over 24 years.
The BBB Torch Award is an annual awards program created to gain public recognition for businesses and organizations that maintain a solid commitment to conducting their business practices in an ethical fashion. The award has become a signature celebration of business ethics in the marketplace and helps to illuminate the importance of corporate conscience, responsibility to upholding a fair and honest marketplace, outstanding service, and responsible business practices.
Specific selection criteria for the award covered several key areas including:
- High ethical standards toward customers, suppliers, employees and communities;
- Long-standing history and reputation of ethical practices in the marketplace;
- Marketing and advertising that reflects a true representation of what is offered;
- Acknowledgement of ethical marketplace practices by peers, media and/or community organizations;
- Management practices that give long-term value to shareholders, customers, employees, and vendors, and;
- Examples of prudent growth strategies.
“It is an incredible honor for every one of our 90 tutors and instructors to receive this recognition from the Better Business Bureau,” says Beverly Stewart, Founder of Back to Basics, sho accepted the award for the firm. “A sincere approach and the commitment of each staff member to the success of our clients has always been our driving force.”
Pictured: Beverly Stewart of Back to Basics, receives congratulations from Senator Tom Carper and BBB President Christine Sauers.
For more information, please visit http://www.backtobasicslearning.com or call 302-594-0754.
For 25 years, Back to Basics has been recognized as the area’s undisputed leader in one-on-one tutoring. In addition, the firm offers a unique Delaware private school for grades K-12 and a Private Business and Trade School for adults. Back to Basics is the 2010 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.